Qualification & Experience
M.Sc., Ph.D. (Applied Biology) with 40 years experience in Medical Genetics.
Area of expertise
• Infertility and recurrent miscarriages
• Delayed puberty and hypogonadism
• Congenital malformations, developmental delay and autism spectrum disorders
• Prenatal samples such as CVS/amniotic fluid/cord blood in high risk pregnancies
• Products of conception (aborted tissue) from spontaneous miscarriages
• PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis) in embryos for translocations and inversions
• Cancers of blood such as leukemias and lymphomas.
Dr. Prochi Madon is currently Honorary Consultant Geneticist in the Department of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai. After training at BJ Medical College, Pune (1973) she set up Genetic laboratories at Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai (1974) where she worked for Ph.D., and at SSG Hospital, Baroda (1979). She was a Research Officer at the Institute for Research in Reproduction (1982) and at the Genetic Research Centre (ICMR), Mumbai.
She started the Genetics and PGD laboratory at Jaslok Hospital in 1999 and introduced FISH as a rapid diagnostic test in India in 2001 for disorders ranging from infertility to cancer, after a short training in USA. She was one of two representatives from Asia on the International System for human Cytogenetic Nomenclature (ISCN) committee from 2007-2011. She attends and presents papers at national and international conferences in genetics. The Genetics and PGD laboratory at Jaslok is well known for its detailed pictorial reports. The first live-births in India after PGD by FISH for translocations and inversions were reported by the team from the Department of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics.
All Copyrights Reserved. © 2023 Jaslok Hospitals | Design & Developed by HashTAGit